TheBuyLocalCard™was created to do many things that we feel are important for our local community. In order to know who we are, what we believe and why we started TheBuyLocalCard. I have outlined below just a few of the foundational concepts that we believe:
1. We want to raise “LOCAL awareness” and make the “BuyLocal-concept” become the “1st-choice community conscience”. We know that national chains serve a purpose but we want Baton Rouge to make them the second choice rather than the first!
2. We believe that local businesses can provide goods and services at competitive prices. We want to prove
this point by continually offering value, opportunity and convenience to our cardholders at TheBuyLocalCard.com website.
3. We believe that the NEW social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc) are a more important and cost effective method of delivering a business’s message than the old model (e.g. television and traditional advertising). Follow us on Facebook & Twitter and challenge us to raise the bar to serve the Baton Rouge community in better ways.
4. We believe the best method of advertising is word of mouth and that when the community realizes and understands the benefits of supporting local businesses, the ‘local’ business economy will expand and not contract.
• If you live in the Greater Baton Rouge area… get The Buy Local Card today for only $10. It will pay
for itself the first time you use it.
• If you are a local business owner… become a supporting member of The Buy Local Card and expand your business by giving exclusive and exciting rewards & benefits to the users of The Buy Local Card.
• Support The Buy Local Card members and make TheBuyLocalCard.com part of your lifestyle by
checking the website regularly for the exciting values & opportunities that will be exclusively
presented to cardholders.
• Tell your friends, spread the word, and become a “fan” on our Facebook page and follow our “tweets” on Twitter.
• For every $100 spent at a locally owned business, $45 stays in the local economy, creating jobs and expanding the region’s tax base.For every $100 spent at a national chain store, only $13 remains in
Help your Community, Help Your neighbors, Help Yourselves… Buy Local!
We’d love to hear from you.
Ken & Brandell Lomas
The Buy Local Card™